Thursday, December 17, 2009

Mind Mapping strategies and tools (Organize all the scattered ideas in your mind)

I have so many ideas in my head that I am trying to link and organize on paper related to my new book "Marketing the Future". I thought that it would be helpful to use traditional Concept Mapping technique, which lists the main concept and its sub-ideas and then hierarchy break down each idea to different sections or sub-sections using tree structures. However, my book is still in its initial stage and I don't have all my ideas and objectives clear in my head. Instead, I started using Mind mapping to help me create a diagram that represents my ideas, examples, case studies, quotes and other items and arrange them around my central idea in a very effective and visual way.
To get a better understanding of mind mapping, check out these useful videos and books:

- What is Mind Mapping (Video)
- Power to Create Profits - Mind Mapping (Video)













While there are many mind mapping websites and software programs, here are some of the websites and programs that I like:
Mindjet Catalyst is a very interesting product with many advanced features. Such as, integrated chat, full-featured web conferencing, and mind manager compatibility.
Mind42.com offers collaborative and browser-based mind mapping service for free.
Mindmeister.com is my favorite. It offers so many useful tools. Such as search in maps, history view, mobile access through iPhone and additional desktop gadgets.


No comments:

Post a Comment