Thursday, December 17, 2009

Mind Mapping strategies and tools (Organize all the scattered ideas in your mind)

I have so many ideas in my head that I am trying to link and organize on paper related to my new book "Marketing the Future". I thought that it would be helpful to use traditional Concept Mapping technique, which lists the main concept and its sub-ideas and then hierarchy break down each idea to different sections or sub-sections using tree structures. However, my book is still in its initial stage and I don't have all my ideas and objectives clear in my head. Instead, I started using Mind mapping to help me create a diagram that represents my ideas, examples, case studies, quotes and other items and arrange them around my central idea in a very effective and visual way.
To get a better understanding of mind mapping, check out these useful videos and books:

- What is Mind Mapping (Video)
- Power to Create Profits - Mind Mapping (Video)













While there are many mind mapping websites and software programs, here are some of the websites and programs that I like:
• Mindjet Catalyst is a very interesting product with many advanced features. Such as, integrated chat, full-featured web conferencing, and mind manager compatibility.
• Mind42.com offers collaborative and browser-based mind mapping service for free.
• Mindmeister.com is my favorite. It offers so many useful tools. Such as search in maps, history view, mobile access through iPhone and additional desktop gadgets.


No comments:

Post a Comment